NAJU’S GUAVA CHEESECAKE
Melt together guava paste, 1/2 cup white wine, juice of 1/2 lemon. Set aside.
12 graham crackers
6 tbsp butter, melted
pinch of coarse salt
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 large eggs, room temperature
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Wrap exterior of pan (including base) in a double layer of foil.
– Process graham cracker in food processor until fine. Mix crust ingredients in a medium bowl. Pat mixture evenly into bottom of pan. Put in freezer for 15 minutes. Then bake crust for 15 minutes and set aside to cool while assembling the cheesecake.
– Beat cream cheese with paddle mixer for 3 minutes until fluffy.
– In a large bowl whisk together sugar and flour. Switch to mixer on low speed gradually adding flour/sugar to the cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until just combined; do not overmix.
– Pour cheesecake filling into pan with crust. Place pan inside a large, shallow roasting pan. Carefully ladle boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the sides of the springorm pan.
– Bake 45 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees. Continue to bake about 30 minutes more until the sides are set and center still wobbly. Turn off oven; leave cake in the oven with the door ajar for 1 hour. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
– Spread guava topping all over the top of the cheesecake. Refrigerate, uncovered, at least 6 hours or overnight, before un-molding cake by running a knife around edges of the pan.