2 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz cranberry juice
2 tsp lime juice / lemon juice
3/4 oz tripple sec or cointreau
(*not original recipe – need to trace origins – except for the vodka – that was our idea)
6 medium zucchini, shredded
vodka, generous splash (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 1/2 cups parmesan, grated
salt & pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
– Heat oven to 400 degrees. Shred zucchini, and sweat by letting sit 30 min in paper towel. Toss with the vodka, herbs, garlic, shallot, half of the bread crumbs and cheese, salt & pepper, in a 9″ baking dish.
– Brown the butter and add to the remaining bread crumbs and cheese. Add this mixture on top of the other. Bake 40-45 minutes.
Pan-Seared Red Snapper w/Vodka Lime Butter Sauce & Capers
(*not original recipe – need to trace where found)
2-4 filets Red Snapper
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup vodka
1 oz fresh lime juice
2 tbsp capers
4 tbsp butter, cubed
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dry fish and season both sides with salt & pepper. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and sear the fish on one side 3 minutes, then turn over and cook the other side for 3 minutes. Place fish in the oven for 5-7 more minutes.
– Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the lime juice and vodka. Place the same pan back on the stove top and melt in the butter. Add capers last before spooning ove the fish. Serve with the Herbed Zucchini Gratin and a side of Lemon Wilted Kale.
Vodka Sorbet w/Berries
– exactly like it sounds. We used Raspberry sorbet and doused it with vodka, topped with fresh raspberries and blueberries.